Hello everyone, I've been wondering if there are still people who have problems with editing wiki templates. So I decided to make a little guide how to do that. Since there are three ways to edit pages, I will include all of them, starting with the VisualEditor.
NOTE: The example pictures were taking from the Fandom of Pretty Cure Wiki! However, it is on every wiki the same and works the same.
- First, open the VisualEditor. Then, search for the template.
- Then click on it and a puzzle piece should be shown. Next to the puzzle piece is the name of the template visible.
- Click on that and a new subwindow opens.
- There is where you add the content to the template.
- After you finished everything, click on "apply changes".
- At last, same your changes by click on "save changes"
- First, click on and the page opens.
- Then a green puzzle piece is shown, which represents the template. Click on the puzzle piece.
- Then a preview of the template shows up where you have to click on "edit" (see picture two)
- Then a subwindow opens where you can add the content to the template.
- She the difference by clicking on "Preview"
- If you are finished, click on "OK" and save the page by clicking on "Publish".
Editing templates on the source mode is both harder and easier than the other options.
- First copy the content from the template page to the source mode.
- Then add the content to the sections (see expample picure two)
- See a preview of your work by viewing "Desktop" or "Mobile".
- If everything looks like you want it to be, publish it.
I hope this will be helpful to someone <3